Sunday, the sunny day of the week

I think it's about time I shared a bit of Hello Sunday joy with everyone. This is my current (collaborative) project which began back in March as autumn came knocking at our doors. Each week my lovely chum, Tegan and I hone in on something charming and Sunday-ish to do within our home town, Brisbane. I snap up a polaroid and Tegan dreams up some words and voila... Hello Sunday. It's turning out to be such a delightful year long project!


Left: Miss Riding Hood, Sunday 11th July
I was headed downhill. I was pedaling not fast. The air was chilly. But my hood was big enough to reach over my helmet and my ears were doing fine. All I could see was his stocky figure in the very centre of the path. I dinged my bell. I changed gears. They clicked into place and I slowed down even more. Watch out, I called... read more

Middle: Between the stacks: Sunday 30th May
I am not easily distracted, but what a furtive little look you just gave me! Pursed lips suppressing a smile, eyes meeting mine only to glance quickly away and look at what? You do not return to your novel – something fantastical and epic – but instead stare down the rows of books and perhaps even out the window to where there is the merest suggestion of sunshine... read more

Right: More than just a game: Sunday 23rd May
I am sitting with my legs crossed, for comfort and for luck. I roll the dice, close my eyes as if in meditation, and say, ‘This is it. You are an amazing, shiny boot, destined to go places. A number will appear and you will make a move. Your laces are tied and soldered in place, so you’re not going to trip or stumble, little boot, no. No matter what, you will go forward.’... read more

No comments:

Post a Comment